Can rearrange forms any longer

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Joe McShea 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

cwmn
    Participant

Was working great, added an html snippet container and now I can rearrange any of the form fields. As I try to move them the cursor simply highlights the names of the containers I can’t drag an drop any longer.

Joe McShea
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry to take so long getting back to you. I have seen this happen before. It’s dependent on what is entered into the HTML snippet, and I hadn’t quite tracked down what HTML it doesn’t like, but I’ve now specifically seen it happen when I add an HTML unordered list (UL/LI) in a snippet.

That shouldn’t be too surprising since the jQuery nested sortable plugin I’m using to allow that drag and drop behavior had a problem with any list elements that weren’t intended to be sortable. I thought I’d fixed that but it appears to have crept back in.

I’ll see if I can fix it again, but in the meantime you may be able to fix it by just not using any list elements inside you HTML Snippets (i.e. no OL/UL/LI tags). It is possible to have a similar problem without lists in your HTML if it’s just not legal HTML. If you’re having it with a snippet that doesn’t contain lists, send me the HTML and I’ll look into it.

Joe

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Joe McShea.

Joe McShea
    Keymaster

BTW, to fix existing forms for now, you can edit the snippet contents and remove any list elements. Save the configuration and reload the page. The drag and drop won’t start working again until you reload the page.

If that doesn’t work, try removing all HTML snippets, and again reload the page. If it works now, you can try re-introducing HTML a little at a time to see if you can isolate what HTML it doesn’t like. But in general, the drag and drop will not be broken or fixed immediately by adding/removing/editing HTML. It won’t break (or be fixed) until you reload the page.

Joe

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Scroll to top