June 14, 2018 at 10:24 am #1815
I’m using the latest SPEasyForms Version with a manual installation on our SharePoint Online tenant. In my test environment with a very simple list (only 4 columns) the system creates two identical list items (with different IDs) every time when I submit (save) the configured form for a new item. After edit form there is no duplication. The list itself is very simple and without any versioning or checkin/out. Any idea?
Regards, HaraldJune 20, 2018 at 4:42 pm #1820
… today I have set up a brand new O365 developer tenant. Created a classic teamsite and installed SPEasyForms. Same behaviour – saving a new item creates two items :-(. Seems that Microsoft made some major changes in SharePoint Online.July 13, 2018 at 4:16 pm #1826
Confirmed. Happening in my SharePoint Online environment as well. First noticed when visibility rules were applied to all forms for a list. The list starts creating two items. Removed all SPForms configuration (back to default) and problem persists. Even tried on a new list; applied visibility rules; problem presented itself. Removed rules; problem remains. Used the lates download. Have not tested older version of solution file.July 13, 2018 at 4:50 pm #1827
What is really weird is there is a workflow that runs that sets the title field to a unique number for the new item from another list that keeps track of the next usable number. The workflow increments the variable after updating the title and saves the new usable number back to the unique number list. The workflow runs as the item is created. Both new items receive the SAME number. Didn’t think that was possible.July 26, 2018 at 4:15 pm #1849
Sorry guys. Somehow I completely missed this thread. I’ll take a look as soon as I can and let you know what I find.
I confess that for some time I’ve been concerned that the pace of changes in SharePoint online makes it almost an unsupportable platform for a one man project the size of SPEasyForms.
On the other hand, I have been trying to think of how I could redesign it such that it wouldn’t be so susceptible to changes from Microsoft. For starters, that would have to include no longer modifying OOB forms on the fly, but rather creating my own forms from scratch. It’d be a non-trivial effort though, and I don’t really have time for it right now.
For now, I shall endeavor to persevere. And of course, I’ll let you know if I glean anything about the problem you are reporting.
JoeJuly 26, 2018 at 4:24 pm #1850
BTW, the most troubling thing you’re reporting is that the problem persists even after you remove SPEasyForms configuration. How did you remove it. The only absolutely clean way is to delete the configuration file for the list from the Site Assets library. If you do that and you still have the problem, I don’t see how it could be SPEasyForms, because SPEasyForms does not make any persistent changes to any forms. It only changes them on page load dynamically based on configuration.
If that’s not consistent with what you’re seeing, try renaming the the entire SPEasyFormsAssets folder in the style library, and see if you still have the problem. If so, then it doesn’t have anything to do with SPEasyForms. If not, then it’s a bit baffling, but it would appear that SPEasyForms should be affecting all list whether they’ve ever been configured or not.
Anyway, I’ll take a look as soon as I can.
JoeJuly 27, 2018 at 9:27 am #1851
OK, so I have good news and bad news. I cannot reproduce this problem in my SharePoint online tenant. That’s both the good news and the bad news. Good because it means I don’t have a global problem where SPEasyForms just plain doesn’t work online anymore. I didn’t really think that would be the case, because I think it would have been reported earlier and by more people, but you never know. With the pace of change online, I’m always expecting that balloon to go up any time now. And anyway bad, of course, because it doesn’t help you guys at all.
If there is anything more you can tell me that might shed some light on this, great. Either way, I’ll continue to try and reproduce it. The way Microsoft rolls out updates, it’s theoretically possible you got an update that I haven’t yet. But I’m pretty sure my tenant is set up as an early adopter, and you first reported this like 2 weeks ago, so that doesn’t seem very likely.
At the moment I’m stumped.
JoeAugust 15, 2018 at 9:14 am #1865
Good news: After installing version 2018.02 the bug with duplicate entries in my O365 tenant seems to be fixed, no more duplicate entries! Thanks a lot!
I found a small issue with Lookup Fields: When I configure one or further columns to show each of these additional fields in the definition of the Lookup Field, these columns will be shown in the default area of the form and I am not able to hide them. Would ne nice when this can be fixed!August 16, 2018 at 6:01 pm #1866
Fantastic! A little weird, but still fantastic. I wish I knew what the problem was, but I did fix something in my PreSaveAction handler, and that does seem like the most likely area of my code to cause the issue you were seeing.
As for the lookups, that’s a long time known issue that I should find a way to deal with. The problem is that SPEasyForms only lists fields as something to be manipulated, and those aren’t really fields. i.e. when you enumerate the list fields, those don’t show up. You have to drill down into the individual field schemas to even know there are additional fields with the lookups. I’m a wee bit too busy right now to make any promises other than I’ll look into it when I can.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.